Welcome to Hindu Temple Ventura County
This Temple has been started by the combined efforts of people from Ventura County area to provide our kids knowledge about Hindu Religion
and Philosophy. A place where we can celebrate our festivals together, Kids can learn their native language or culture through Bal Vihar and
get to know their religion.
To view the Temple deities please follow this link.
Now you can stay in touch with the temple through Facebook. Visit Hindu Temple Ventura County Facebook page and signup.
Now the Temple is open every morning and evening. We have Pandit Govind Subediji at the Temple to keep it open for extended hours. You can check the Temple hours by visiting this link.
All are welcome.
Temple Contact:     Phone: (805)639-0334 or (805)766-4671    e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 6085 King Drive, Unit 110,
Ventura, CA 93003
Temple is located off Johnson Drive exit of US 101 in Ventura behind Paradise Chevrolet dealership. For Google Map and Directions click on the address link.
LAST WEEK - Two Marble statues 5-6 feet tall slightly damaged during shipping. Please see the posting on CraigsList by following the link. These items must go this week. Give us any donation, if you like.
- Sunday, February 23rd : 4:30 – 6:30 PM - Satsang and Pravachan by Pt. Narendar Shastri on the meaning of Shiv Ratri and the back ground/primer on Rudri along with Shiva Bhajans followed by Mahaprasad. Priti Bhoj sponsored by Prem & Tripta Kashyap.
- February 26th – March 3rd : Shivratri celebrations, Please see flyer attached
- February 26th (Wed): Maha Shivratri celebrations kick off with the start of Shiv Purana Saptah reading (week long) at 2:00 PM
- February 27th (Thu): Celebration of Maha Shivratri (9am – midnight), Mahaprasad suitable for fasting devotees will be served (7:30-9:30 pm).
- February 28th to March 1st: Continued recital of Shiv Purana from 6:30 pm
- March 2nd (Sunday): There will be makeup Shiva/Rudra Yagna session from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm
- March 3rd (Monday): Closing ceremony for the Shiv Purana recital (Bhog and Vishram) from 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm, followed by light Prasad
- March 16th: Holi celebrations - More informtion soon
- We are looking to add Baal Vihar, Indian Laguage classes, If interested, please send message or e-mail: email@example.com
We have been celebrating Hindu festivals with the help of the community. ShivaRatri, Ram Navmi, Janmashtami, Navratri Garba, Holi, Diwali, Lohri, Baisakhi and Ten days Ganesh Chaturthi etc. If you would like any other festival or weenkly celebration, please contact us and get involved.
Photo and Video Gallery for past Temple functions
DONATIONS NEEDED - You can donate now using Paypal or contact us during Temple hours. We can do direct deposit with a copy of void check. Any amount $21 or $11 is welcome.
- All donations are tax deductible.
- This Temple belongs to all devotees. If you would like to have certain events/programs for your Region of India done at the Temple, Please contact us and help facilitate as it is our strong desire to have an all inclusive Temple.
Register with our website to get regular e-mails. Keep checking this page for updates.
Here is the fully executed copy of the Temple bylaws created based on the community input. Starting September 2012, there are no titles for Temple management. A lead Trustee (for legal documents) and three sevaks, all selected by Temple members, will run the temple affairs in co-ordination with Priest. The Board of Trustees and monthly donor lists is updated as per the bylaws.
Anyone who would like to contribute is welcome. Temple functions are governed by it's bylaws.
All Temple activities are decided in consultation with Priest and Sevaks help co-ordinate the activities with community volunteers.